By Diana Hsieh
Every Saturday, I post the news of the week from my primary work, Philosophy in Action, where I apply rational principles to the challenges of real life. Here's this week's update.
The podcasts of last week's radio shows are now available. Check out the full collection of past radio shows in the podcast archives, sorted by date or by topic. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast RSS feed too.
25 January 2015: Q&A on Ultrahazardous Activities, Declining Gift Solicitations, and More
I answered these questions on Sunday's Philosophy in Action Radio:
Would the government of a free society issue bans or otherwise regulate activities dangerous to bystanders? How can I refuse solicitations for gifts for co-workers?
You can listen to or download the podcast below, and visit the episode's page for more, including audio files for individual questions.
- Duration: 1:09:43
- Download: Enhanced M4A File (25.0 MB) or Standard MP3 File (24.0 MB)
- Tags: Benevolence, Business, Communication, Epistemology, Ethics, Gifts, Government, Law, Philosophy, Regulation, Relationships, Rights, Risk, Science, Technology, Torts
29 January 2015: Q&A on Rapid Fire Extravaganza
I answered a slew of Rapid Fire Questions on Thursday's Philosophy in Action Radio. You can listen to or download the podcast below, and visit the episode's page for more, including audio files for individual questions.
Recent Blog Posts
Here are last week's posts to Philosophy in Action's blog NoodleFood, ordered from oldest to newest. Don't miss a post: subscribe to NoodleFood's RSS Feed.
- January 23: Preview: Sunday Radio: Ultrahazardous Activities, Declining Gift Solicitations, and More
- January 23: Link-O-Rama
- January 25: Activism Recap
- January 26: NoodleCast #331: Ultrahazardous Activities, Declining Gift Solicitations, and More
- January 27: Hsieh Forbes Column: Does Your Right To Life Include The Right To Die?
- January 28: Preview: Thursday Radio: Rapid Fire Extravaganza
- January 30: NoodleCast #332: Rapid Fire Extravaganza
- January 30: Link-O-Rama