Friday, January 10, 2014

The Paleo Rodeo #196

By Diana Hsieh

Welcome to this week's edition of The Paleo Rodeo!

The Paleo Rodeo is a weekly blog carnival featuring the best paleo-related posts by members of the PaleoBloggers e-mail list. The past editions of the Rodeo are collected on this page.

What is "paleo"? As I say in Modern Paleo Principles:

A "paleo" approach to health uses the evolutionary history of homo sapiens, plus the best of modern science, as a broad framework for guiding daily choices about diet, fitness, medicine, and supplementation. The core of paleo is the diet: it eschews grains, sugars, and modern vegetable oils in favor of high-quality meat, fish, eggs, and vegetables.
The purpose of The Paleo Rodeo is to highlight some of the best blogging of the ever-growing paleosphere.

Here is this week's edition:
Ruth presents Paleo Glossary posted at Paleo Diet Basics, saying, "Not sure about the meaning of a word you encountered on a paleo blog? Stumped by an acronym. It's all here in the paleo glossary!"

Kevin Geary presents The 2nd Meal Effect: How to Hack Your Insulin Sensitivity posted at The Rebooted Body, saying, "How you can use the second meal effect to improve insulin sensitivity for higher carb meals. And potentially supercharging this effect with resistant starch supplementation."

Melissa Joulwan presents 30 Whole30-Friendly Recipes posted at The Clothes Make The Girl, saying, "Thirty super-clean, super-delicious recipes to start the year from me, Summer Innanen, The Domestic Man, Stupid Easy Paleo, The Paleo Parents, Nom Nom Paleo, Paleo Comfort Foods, and Rubies and Radishes."

Eileen Laird presents Meeting My Microbiome posted at Phoenix Helix, saying, "Have you heard of the American Gut Project? It’s the largest scientific exploration into what lives inside the human gut ever, otherwise known as our microbiome. Did you know that 90% of your body is made up of microbes? We are only 10% human. Those microbes affect the function of every cell in our bodies. I joined the research and had my own gut analyzed. Today I share the results, introducing you to the other 90% of me. I also tell you how you can find out what lives inside you, too:."

Eileen Laird presents Introducing the Paleo Autoimmune Bloggers posted at Phoenix Helix, saying, "My guest post on Paleo Magazine: a roundup of AIP bloggers. We all have autoimmune disease ourselves, we've all reversed it through diet and lifestyle, and we're here to help others do the same."

Sabine presents Whole30 of 2014 posted at Cave Food Kitchen, saying, "Just started my 2nd Whole30, follow me on my journey! This week a summary of the first 7 days."

Jennifer Brand, aka Alliefitfoodie presents Paleo thumbprint cookies posted at Alliefitfoodie, saying, "Paleo-fied thumbprint cookies! Need I say more? Ok, a little more... I put my own spin on this recipe I found from Paleo Newbie, and made these over the holidays a few times for some parties I attended. They were a HUGE hit!"

Laura P presents How To Sleep Like A Baby posted at Rising Moon Nutrition, saying, "Here's a three-part series on how to optimize your sleep to improve your health and mood, including lifestyle changes, bedroom setting and more!"

Meghan Little and Angel Ayala Torres presents Paleo Kale and Apple Salad, A Vitamin-Packed Entrée or Side posted at Paleo Effect, saying, "We love this salad so much that sometimes, we turn it into a wrap! Packed with vitamins A, C, and K with apples, avocado and carrots, this salad has everything you need to get your New Year started right!"

Nell Stephenson presents The Paleo Diet on the ‘Worst Of’ List… posted at Paleoista, by Nell Stephenson, saying, "Paleo expert Nell Stephenson comments on the latest ranking of the Paleo Diet as one of the worst diets."

Sabine presents Macadamia Mayonnaise posted at Cave Food Kitchen, saying, "This is an easy recipe for delicious macadamia mayonnaise!"
Many thanks to the PaleoBloggers who submitted to this edition of the The Paleo Rodeo! We love new members! So if you blog on paleo-related matters and you'd like to submit your posts to the carnival, please subscribe to the PaleoBloggers e-mail list. You'll receive instructions and reminders via that list.

Comment Rules

Rule #1: You are welcome to state your own views in these comments, as well as to criticize opposing views and arguments. Vulgar, nasty, and otherwise uncivilized comments will be deleted.

Rule #2: These comments are not a forum for discussion of any and all topics. Please stay loosely on-topic, and post random questions and comments in the designated "open threads."

Rule #3: You are welcome to discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of products. Spam comments will be deleted.

You can use some HTML tags in your comments -- such as <b>, <i>, and <a>.

Back to TOP