By Diana Hsieh
- How Long to Nap for the Biggest Brain Benefits: Unless I'm feeling sick, I prefer not to nap, so that I can go to bed early. But if you are a napper, this might be of use!
- MIT Wristband Could Make AC Obsolete: I'm not sure what I think of tricking the brain into feeling cool... and I wonder whether this would have any long-term impacts on health.
- Study shows 70 percent of Americans take prescription drugs: "The percentage of people who took at least one prescription drug in the past month increased from 44 percent in 1999-2000 to 48 percent in 2007-08, the Mayo Clinic reports." That so many people are so unhealthy as to require such drugs is rather alarming.
- Eating indigenously changes diets and lives of Native Americans: This is a fascinating project in food history -- and perhaps a way for people to learn to eat healthier too.
- Chronotypes: Are You an Early Bird or a Night Owl?: Read this post from Mark's Daily Apple and then take the test! This bit from my results was interesting: "You are a moderate early type. This chronotype sometimes gets too little sleep on free days: the social environment lures moderate early types into staying up later at night than their biological clock would prefer, yet they still awaken in the morning, under the control of their biological clock, at their usual early hour."
- Kickstarter: Payo: Paleo Mayo: Mayo made with decent oil is damn hard to find, so this Kickstarter looks pretty awesome.