By Paul Hsieh
The 11/13/2012 Forbes has published my latest OpEd: "5 Ways To Protect Yourself Against Obamacare".
I discuss 5 practical strategies ordinary Americans should consider now, even as the fight for health care freedom continues. They include:
1) Get a good primary care doctor, if you haven't already done so.For more details, see the full text of "5 Ways To Protect Yourself Against Obamacare".
2) Use a Health Savings Account (HSA).
3) Consider a concierge or "direct pay" physician.
4) Consider medical tourism, when appropriate.
5) Help your doctor work on your behalf.
I've also discussed some of these ideas in my 7/25/2012 interview on Diana's "Philosophy In Action" podcast, "Surviving Socialized Medicine".
See also my article in the Summer 2010 issue of The Objective Standard, "How to Protect Yourself Against ObamaCare". (Link goes to free preview, full text is subscriber gated).
Update #1: Dr. Richard Amerling of AAPS offers similar suggestions at: "Defensive Medicine: How To Survive ObamaCare".
Update #2: Thanks, Instapundit, for the link!