Gathered! That really took it out of me. I felt like I was back in school, what with all of the 5 hour/night sleeps. Bleh, I do NOT do well with that. Some people seem to. I suppose there's a bit of variation among people, but I'm betting that they are just used to subsisting on a general level of Suck. So when level Suck is elevated to Suck Less after they get 6 hours of sleep, they think "hm, this is nice". Whereas me, I'm at level Awesome for most days and level Suck Less feels like level Total and Complete Shit.
adapted from Ripe, by Cheryl Sternman Rule
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
8 ounces halloumi, sliced lengthwise into 1/3 inch slices
1/4 - 1/2 watermelon, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
1. Whisk the vinegar, oil, and garlic together in a medium serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. In a small, dry skillet, toast the fennel seeds over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking around a bit, until fragrant. Put into the dressing bowl.
3. With the same skillet, heat to medium high. Add the halloumi and brown for about two minutes per side. Set aside.
4. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape the seeds out. The slice them widthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices and add to the serving bowl.
5. Add the watermelon cubes and tarragon to the serving bowl. Tear the cheese into pieces, add to the bowl, and toss everything to coat.
Adjust any seasonings to taste and serve! Or eat right out of the bowl...
This was originally posted at my blog, the crankin' kitchen!