By Diana Hsieh
Welcome to this week's edition of The Paleo Rodeo!
The Paleo Rodeo is a weekly blog carnival featuring the best paleo-related posts by members of the PaleoBloggers e-mail list. The past editions are collected on this page.
What is "paleo"? As I say in Modern Paleo Principles:
A "paleo" approach to health uses the evolutionary history of homo sapiens, plus the best of modern science, as a broad framework for guiding daily choices about diet, fitness, medicine, and supplementation. The core of paleo is the diet: it eschews grains, sugars, and modern vegetable oils in favor of high-quality meat, fish, eggs, and vegetables.The purpose of The Paleo Rodeo is to highlight some of the best blogging of the ever-growing paleosphere.
Here is this week's edition:
Sandi Trixx presents Product Review: Kettlestack posted at Sandi Trixx.Many thanks to the PaleoBloggers who submitted to this edition of the The Paleo Rodeo! I hope to see this blog carnival grow in the future. If you blog on paleo-related matters and you'd like to submit your posts to the carnival, please subscribe to the PaleoBloggers e-mail list. You'll receive instructions and reminders via that list.
Amy Kubal presents Cracking the Coconut posted at Fuel As Rx.
Josephine Svendblad presents Primal Lengua Estofada: Braised Beef Tongue posted at Nutty Kitchen, saying, "We decided to introduce you all to a childhood favorite for both Henry and I, beef tongue. It is very delicious and you can prepare it in different ways, we decided to make a slightly modified primal version of a classic Filipino dish called Lengua Estofada."
Laurie Donaldson presents Sausage Cabbage Stirfry (80%) and Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Scones (the other 20%) posted at Food for Primal Thought, saying, "Because sometimes you just need that little 20%..."
Paleo Rob presents Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats – What ratio?! posted at PaleOZ.
Adam Farrah presents Is Bodybuilding Relevant Anymore? posted at PracticalPaleolithic.com, saying, "A rambling and somewhat humorous blog post that looks at where "bodybuilding" fits in a post-CrossFit fitness world..."
Todd Dosenberry presents 3 Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipes posted at Toad's Primal Journey, saying, "Three more primal smoothie recipes are waiting for you to try. Enjoy!"
Frank Hagan presents Science Diet posted at Low Carb Age, saying, "... because science has become the one-size-fits-all replacement for intellectual pursuit, the abuse of science has blossomed. And to be honest, even much of the science we cite in support of our low carb / paleo / primal diets falls far from the ideal of the scientific method."
Nell Stephenson presents Whey vs. Egg White Protein Powder- Which Is Better? posted at TrainWithNellie.
Paul Jaminet presents NZ Man Left for Dead by Doctors, Cured by Vitamin C posted at Perfect Health Diet, saying, "This story illustrates both the importance of nutritional supplements in treatment of infectious diseases, and the indifference to health that becomes all too common under socialized medicine."
Julie Sullivan Mayfield presents And The Winners Are..... posted at BTB's Nutrition and Performance Blog, saying, "BTB Fitness held a 45 day Paleo challenge for our CrossFit and BootCamp clients. Check out the other blog postings for other pictures and stories from our clients!"
George McCumiskey presents Acne, the Billion Dollar Business Analyzed | Focus:Acne posted at Focus:Acne, saying, "Glad to be a part of the carnival!"
Daniel presents In Defense of Science posted at At Darwin's Table, saying, "Guest post by JP. Talks about why science matters to anyone following paleo."
Richard Nikoley presents This Says All You Ever Need to Know About Veganism posted at Free The Animal, saying, "Paleo food for your LOL soul."
Jean-Patrick Millette presents Let's clarify something about exercise posted at Primal Journal.
Diana Hsieh presents The Value of Grass-Fed Beef posted at Modern Paleo, saying, "Is the lesser omega-6 and greater omega-3 content a reason to choose grass-fed over grain-fed beef? The nutritional breakdown says it's not even worth considering."
Kristy A. presents What To Drink Part 3: What is Right with Milk? (Part A) posted at Feasting on Fitness, saying, "So what is good about milk? If you are talking about raw milk, then quite a bit! Learn more about what might actually do a body good."
Finally, you can find all of the blogs of the PaleoBloggers on this continuously-updated list: